Monday, March 23, 2009

Cape Fear Wedding Association


In any industry, working with people who share your passion and enthusiasm for the 'thing' you are interested in is very important. I found out that Wilmington has a Wedding Association which allows professionals in the field to visit their meetings in order to get to know other wedding business owners and possibly join the Association.

I went to one of their meetings last Wednesday and met several people - three photographers, a DJ and his wife, a hotel sales manager, AND the president of the Association. By the way, Cape Fear Wedding Association is the name of the group. I love it because the name is so similar to mine. I'm not sure how the Association feels about that.




Since there were several photographers present, I asked if I could have a favor done for a 'new guy' to the group and have a picture of me made with John Meyer, the President of Cape Fear Wedding Association. Logan Wallace agreed and shot this photo of John and me.

I'm the bearded guy (with glasses). Thanks Logan.


I also spent a few minutes talking with two florists from Moxie Floral Design Studios. I am embarrassed to say their names slip my memory. That happens when you meet a lot of new people within 90 minutes or so. I do plan to visit their studio and see their work (and learn their names).


Chris and Melodee Walters will always be easy for me to remember their names because I have a brother and sister by those names. Although my sister is Melanie, it will not be hard for me to get Melodee's name right next time I see her. Melody told me she does weddings too. But only in the case of emergency! Turns out, she and Chris were booked to provide music for a wedding once where the Minister who had already been paid, did not show up. The BIG scramble to replace him began and a replacement was finally located. The minister conducted the wedding - very late. Melodee was encouraged to get qualified to conduct weddings so if the occasion every presented itself again she could simply step in and conduct the wedding - on time.


By the end, I knew I would be joining this group. They were collectively impressive and individually hospitable. Exactly the kind of professionals I want to get to know better and work with in the wedding industry. Matter of fact, I ending this now so I can go apply for membership.


Blessings on you all,


Rev Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment